Saturday, August 21, 2010

Baby Girl Coming Soon...

Due Date = 14 days from TODAY!

I had another doctor appointment yesterday. Last Wednesday (week and a half ago) I was 1 cm with softened cervix. Yesterday I was 3 cm and 70% effaced... Could be any minute, or could still be weeks away...

Thinking back at the last time I was at a 3cm. It was 1:30am (ish) on October 11th, 2008 and labor started over 7 hours earlier! I had been having contractions 4 or 5 minutes apart. Such contractions that I would get sick in between them. I went to the hospital and thought I was on my way to have Brayden any minute. To my surprise, the nurse said, "Oh hun your only at 3cm, you can go home and come back when you are farther along." Ha! And I said, "No! This hurts too bad! This baby is coming and I am staying..."

Hmmm... Now I am at 3 cm, no "real" contractions, cleaning house with Brett & Brayden and just wondering, "could today be the day? or could she be late?". Somewhat encouraged by the idea that my body is doing all this "prep work" without any painful contractions, maybe this time will go much faster. Time will tell! Meanwhile, Brett has been in a constant state of slight panic, assuming that I am in always in the state of early labor. :) One of many conversations over the last 24 hours:

I say: "Oh man, it's really warm in here all of the sudden..."
Brett says: "No, it's not"
I say: "Probably just a hot flash" (normal pregnancy symptom)
Brett says: "That happens when your in labor right?!?! Are you in labor?"
I say: "Nope, not in labor, just warm"
Brett: "Are you sure? How do you know that your not in labor?" as he turns to google to search "is a hot flash a sign of labor?"... Then asks me a few more times if I am SURE I am not in labor. It's cute. :)

I have PROMISED him that we will know when the baby is coming. :)

In the meantime, we are cleaning and packing to go to Dad & Mom's for the week! Renting our home during a golf tournament at Chamber's Bay. We are both hoping she can wait at least another week, so we are home. But either way it will all work out and Brett & I are just giddy over the idea that we get to meet her soon!

No comments: