Funny story, we were at the YMCA this morning. There was a little girl about three years old next to us in the locker room after swim class. She said to another girl, "Look, there's a baby!" and the first girl said, "No, he's not a baby, he's just a boy." It was adorable and then I realized he is becoming more and more of a toddler and less of a baby.
Swim class is going great and Brayden is enjoying his "Super Shrimp" class (level 2)! He is standing quite often and took three steps in a row today! He is getting more of the toddler independence. For example, yesterday after he woke up from his nap and had lunch I went to put him in the car. We were on our way to go visit Brett at his new office. He was a little fussier than normal and as I put him in the car he decided to arch his back and cry. I literally could not straighten him out to buckle him in! Normally if he is rested and full he will never fuss, so of course he had to be sick, right? Swine flu, eek! So I run inside, take his temperature and he is fine, just turned out to be a small tantrum... I gave him a toy to distracted, belted him in and off we went. He kinda complained off and on throughout the day about the errands we were running. After reading about their different stages I am researching the theory Autonomy vs. Shame and Doubt I am realizing this is normal...
He is also has other things that he is getting good and communicating with me about. Like what he wants to eat, pointing and "talking" about different things that he sees. He loves doing things that we do. When we walk out of a room he will remind me to turn off a light and want to do it himself. He gets the biggest smile on his face after the light is off and I say, "Off! Good job!" It is so cute to see how proud he is!
We are also realizing, although he doesn't use a lot of words, he understands quite a few things. We can say, "Brayden, where's your doggie?" and he will find her and point. He also LOVES high fives and raising his arms to the sky when we say, "How big is Brayden?" He is starting to nod his head for yes and shake his head for no. Especially around meal time. Yogurt is his favorite treat and I get a big head nod and sometimes clapping when he sees it! When I try oatmeal he will shake his head no and wave his arms. (Brayden and I have learned to compromise with half unsweetened applesauce and half oatmeal)
Brett and I are having a blast, he is seriously such a fun little man! We can't imagine loving him more than we do now.
I have some pictures to post when I get some time, he was a cute little puppy for halloween!
No comments:
Post a Comment