Monday, December 6, 2010

Mark the baby book! We had our first giggle session...

December 5th (3 months and 5 days old) Sienna had her first giggles!  She has given us a good chuckle here and there, but I just love the sound of a baby giggling.  Last night I was giving her a bath and singing to her ("Splish, splash, I was taking a bath!  Long about a Saturday Night... Rub a dub, just relaxing in the tub..."  You know how it goes.)

However, this time when I was singing to her, I had a lollipop in my mouth, bulging out of my cheek making me sound different.  She thought it was hilarious!  Once she started giggling, I think she thought her giggles were funny too!  She looked surprised at the sounds that she was making and started just cracking up!  So fun.  Didn't get a video, but here is a picture from my cell of her afterwards.



We are off and running with the holiday season!  So far December has brought a really fun lunch at our house with some of our favorite aunties (Auntie Chloe, Auntie Katie, Auntie Kik & Auntie Juju).    Then a big dinner with my highschool girlfriends and their families (I think we had 24 people here) as we did a frozen meal exchange so we would have less cooking to do this busy holiday season.  We have had a MOPS Christmas party, a holiday dinner party with some friends in Seattle.  And stayed a night with Julie & Jacob up at Greenlake.  Then Julie, Mom, Auntie Karin, Kristina, Jantzen, Sienna and I did shopping day in Bellevue.  Mom, Julie, Sienna and I spent the night at the Westin in Bellevue while Brayden and Brett had a guys weekend with Uncle Jacob.  Then more shopping on Sunday, while Brett went to a Seahawks game with a good friend.  Needless to say we have had a jam packed fun start to our December Holiday Season!

Even Brayden, for the very first time EVER, asked if he could go down for a nap, HOURS earlier than the normal time.  That's when you know he had a good time with his Dad & Uncle all weekend (they even took him to Woodland Park Zoo!).

More pictures to come from all our events, but unpacking, Christmas wrapping and laundry are getting done first.  :)  And then of course another holiday function tonight.

No comments: