For example, she really knows how to tell Brett, "Dad, I know you want to watch this football game and watch your fantasy football team online, but I need to be walked and bounced at the same time."
She has this move strategy down to a science -
How to tell Mama I want to nap for hours in her arms only: Act hungry and fuss at Dada. Convince him that I am starving. Once I get to Mama's arms immediately give her a huge smile and fall asleep. If she thinks of putting you down, stick that lower lip out and let a cry out...
She does more crying than Brayden (the only baby I have to compare to) but is easily soothed by us playing the guessing game of what she wants (feeding, wants to be walked around, wants to be rocking, wants to only be held by mama, pacifier, etc.).
She is just as sweet as she is decisive too! Brayden was a wiggly little guy and Sienna loves to just snuggle in and stare at us. With the combination of "just waking up from a long nap" + "a good feeding" we always get some very happy smiles! She is a good sleeper too, just like her big brother. We started out, one good night, then one LONG night... Now we are down to about three good nights in a row, then we'll have another LONG night. A good night means a five hour stretch, a quick feeding, and then another five hour stretch.
During writing this post, our princess started out on my lap as we sat on the couch and I leaned over towards the computer on the end table. A couple sentences into it she decided she wanted to be laying on my chest, so I slouched and snuggled her and typed one-handed. That lasted a few minutes till she wanted to be walked and have a pacifier. Finally I took our tired little girl, who was due for a nap and put her in the swing. She fussed for a couple minutes (a.k.a. telling me, "Mama! I want to fall asleep being rocked by you!"), but I was busy pulling a pumpkin pie out of the oven and she conked out... :) Everyday we are making strides to getting her to be "okay" on her own, but, as I keep reminding Brett, you only get ONE time in your life to "act like a big baby".
Ah, both kids are down for their naps and I have about an hour or so to get something done around here!
No comments:
Post a Comment